LPN Float – Meadville PA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This is a float position covering the Meadville, Linesville, Conneaut Lake, and Cochranton areas.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for providing professional nursing care and assisting physicians with patient care as well as greeting customers, providing information to patients and physicians, communicating with departments, scheduling appointments and chart management.
- Assesses patient’s general condition and takes vital signs, height and weight, documents all current medications and allergies.
- Assists physicians with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
- Fulfills patient’s care responsibilities as assigned, which may include but are not limited to: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressings, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient chief complaint; performing screenings HT. WT. TEMP. BP.; assisting the physicians; physician assistant/nurse with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include; sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include; setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Answers telephone calls, records messages for physicians and department personnel, schedules patient appointments and revises patient schedules for cancellations and so forth.
- Schedules patients for follow-up appointments, surgical procedure and/or appointments in other departments and clinics, and provides patients with basic information on referral physicians and other facilities for further care.
- Verifies that all charts are present for patient visit, prepares chart for patient visit by reviewing the chart and obtaining any information necessary prior to visit.
- Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides direction, information and other assistance if needed.
- Collects copays, provides any necessary forms needing completion and obtains signatures as necessary. Enters charges, completes referrals and obtains precertification’s as needed.
- Verifies completion of necessary paperwork such as charge forms. Uses computer system to generate information necessary for billing.
- Maintains clean and orderly area.
The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Accreditation from an LPN Program.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in a clinical setting performing nursing duties as well as in a customer service health care setting and experience with office equipment preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Current PA LPN license in good standing, current PA driver’s license in good standing, current CPR certification.
JOB TYPE: Part-time