Medical Assistant Float/Medical Records – Meadville PA
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care as well as greeting customers, providing information to patients and physicians, communicating with departments, scheduling appointments, and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the clinic services.
- Fulfills patient’s care responsibilities as assigned, which may include, but are not limited to: checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, transfers, dressings, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc; collecting chief complaint; performing screenings HT. WT. TEMP. BP.; assisting the physicians; physician assistant/nurse with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include; sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc; completing forms/requisitions as needed; scheduling appointments; verifying insurance coverage and patient demographics.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to department protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; cleaning sterilizer according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Answers telephone calls, records messages for physicians and department personnel, schedules patient appointments and revises patient schedules for cancellations and so forth.
- Schedules patients for follow-up appointments, surgical procedure and/or appointments in other departments and clinics, and provides patients with basic information on referral physicians and other facilities for further care.
- Verifies that all charts are present for a patient visit, prepares charts for a patient visit by reviewing the chart and obtaining any information necessary prior to visit.
- Utilizing strong customer service skills will greet patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner. Provides direction, information, and other assistance if needed.
- Collects copays, provides any necessary forms needing completion and obtains signatures as necessary. Enters charges, completes referrals, and obtains precertifications as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly area.
Medical Records Details
- Compile, process, and maintain medical records of patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system.
- Release information to persons or agencies, according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain, or operate a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, store, and analyze information.
- Process and prepare a variety of reports and forms for daily office operations.
- Scan and index various documents into the patient chart and recognize medical terminology in order to place documents into the correct index categories.
- Maintain and process electronic medical records as well as paper medical records.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records and information confidential.
The jobholder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to the job position.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Accreditation from a Program or Certification as a Medical Assistant.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one year experience in a customer service setting, six months experience in health care setting, and experience with office equipment preferred.
REQUIREMENTS: Certification in Medical Assisting or have the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Aflac, 401k
Job type: Full-time